Monday, February 6, 2012

The Fabric Basket Swap is OPEN!

Today I want to encourage any of you who are not members of Craftster yet to go sign up!  After you have been a member for one month, you can join a craft swap and have a ton of fun!!

This is a package I sent to my partner Beunruffled (hi, Suzy!) in the recent Craft This Tote Round 2 swap (click on that link to go to the gallery and see all the awesome totes everyone made).


We used the pattern from the morsbags website; I made this bag with a big ruffle down the front because that's just what Beunruffled likes!  I also made a zippered pouch and two fabric baskets in one of her favorite color schemes:  orange and aqua.  The fabric baskets sparked a lot of interest amongst the swap participants, so today I opened the the Fabric Basket Swap so everyone can try their hand at making a basket or bin or other free-standing fabric storage container!


If you aren't a Craftster member already you won't be able to participate this time, but if you go and sign up today, you will be ready the next time a great swap opens up!

2 comments:

waggonswest said...

Gorgeous baskets Leslie. I'm thinking about jumping in, but I really don't like sewing through layers of stiff fabric. I'll have to see if I can think of a way around that little character flaw.

Susan said...

Hi Leslie
I pinned your fabric basket tutorial that was featured on craftgossip.com. I'm new to this pinning thing...went out and bought my fabric and supplies, came back to print out the tutorial, and it had expired. Didnt realize it was going to do that. Would you be able to send me the directions????
sfabro@columbus.rr.com