Monday, November 28, 2011

Mailing the "Hope" Hearts--UPDATED

UPDATE:  Amanda has received the hearts and she was very deeply touched by our gesture of support.  Read her post on Craftster to get her reaction and to read the many comments from other readers who have been moved by her story.

I am happy to give you another update on my project to send "hope" hearts to Amanda, who could use some support as she supports her husband through his cancer treatments (you can read more about this in my other posts HERE and HERE and HERE).

I have received hearts from two more lovely crafters.  First, from Diane, these two beautiful hearts made from a damaged antique quilt.  I love the worn look of the old quilt, and the modern letters stamping out the word "hope" is just great!  Thank you, Diane!

These two pretty hearts are from Shari.  The blue heart is made from several different fabrics; the leopard heart is hand-stitched around the edges.  Both feature hand-embroidery of the word "hope".  They are wonderful, thank you Shari!

Here are all the hearts together.  They look awesome!  I am going to pack them up tonight and mail them in the morning. They will be a great addition to the hearts she received in the Jar of Hearts swap on Craftster.  I know Amanda will be smiling from ear to ear when she opens the package, and it is my hope that this unexpected show of support will be something  she looks back on as a bright spot in the midst of a very dark time in her life.

A great big THANK YOU to everyone who sent hearts for Amanda--Susan, Kim, Diane and Shari.  You ladies ROCK!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful gathering of hope! And, leslie, you rock for making this happen!

AmandaBL said...

You guys will never know how wonderful this was to get. Even though I have never "met" any of you, your willingness to do something so personal and kind for a total stranger has touched me deeply. The hearts are really beautifully made - the craftsmanship is excellent, but it pales in comparison to the beauty of the spirit that motivated their creation. I can't thank you enough. I have an idea of how to use them & I will post a pic on craftster when I get it done in the next day or two. I love you guys. Thank you, Leslie for putting it together. So very kind.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful and thoughtful.

LimeRiot said...

What a touching gesture. Thank you for releasing your kind spirit on the crafty world :).