Sunday, March 25, 2012

Kindle Cover

In the March Birthday Swap on Craftster, I made a Kindle cover for one of the birthday girls.  She said she likes pink and gray, and things that are vintage or girly or sparkly, and I noticed a lot of cats on her Wists and Pinterest.  So I dug through my fabrics, and maybe you heard me scream for joy when I found this pink and gray cat print!  It's purr-fect!


It needed some sort of fabulous embellishment.  I know I love to get things that have been personalized for me, so I added her initial (H for Hannah) inside a scalloped circle.  The circle and letter were both cut from wool felt using my Sizzix machine.  I happened to have a clear plastic button that adds a little sparkle to the cover. 


Hannah had sent me a birthday gift just a few days earlier--she crocheted these cute little critters that she saw on my Wists!  They seem to approve of the Kindle cover!


I made up my own pattern for this, and sadly, my first attempt ended in disaster--the Kindle mock-up I made out of foam-core board could barely squeeze inside--I'd made the durn thing too small!!!  When I was feeling calmer the next day I made this one quickly and easily, and the Kindle fits!  Yay!  And Hannah LOVES it.

3 comments:

Monydav said...

So cute! I love it!
Hugs, Monica

Suzy said...

So adorable!!

wendiek said...

I've seen the post on Craftster and loved it!

Hahaha, the little crocheted critters checking out the kindle is so funny!

The kindle cover is classy, girly and very personal! Great job, as always.